- 03 – 04 November
The ICACIT symposium is the most important event in accreditation and education in engineering and Computing in Latin America. In its 8th edition, it aims to be a space to share work and experience in continuous improvement of educational quality, accreditation and education in the areas of Computing, Engineering and Technology. Professionals from academia, industry and government involved in the training of engineers will participate in the event.
|1. QUALITY ASSURANCE AND ACCREDITATION:|
- National and international program accreditation: experiences, implementation, models and multi-models.|
- Assessment, evaluation and continuous improvement: experiences, implementation, models and multi-models.
- Models of quality assurance, accreditation, licensing and multi-models.
- Curriculum design (curriculum and course abstract) aligned with student outcomes or competencies.
- Inclusion of collaborative or student-centered learning techniques at the program level.
- Educational policies.
|2. TEACHING AND LEARNING IN ENGINEERING AND COMPUTING EDUCATION|
- Final and intermediate integrating projects.
- Engineering major design.
- Student outcomes.
- Teaching focused on meaningful learning.
- Assessment of learning, student outcomes, competencias.
- Applied technology and virtual or augmented reality environments.
- Learning in unidisciplinary, multidisciplinary and transdisciplinary contexts.
- Inclusion of collaborative or student-centered learning techniques in the classroom.
- Curricular development.
- Student-centered teaching methods.
- Transdisciplinary learning.
|3. STUDENTS AND PROFESSORS’ RELATIONSHIP WITH INDUSTRY, GOVERNMENT, SOCIETY AND ACADEMY|
- Student outcomes: definition, evaluation, monitoring of graduates.
- University social responsibility (USR): USR projects, cooperation, articulation, R+D+I applied to the USR.
- University-Industry Link: projects, cooperation, articulation, R+D+I.
- University-Academy link: joint R+D+I projects, student/professor exchange/stays, cooperation, articulation, R+D+I.
- University-Government link: joint R+D+I projects, professor/student internships, cooperation, cooperation in the legal framework.
- Student outcomes and their relationship with the recruitment and selection of workforce.
- Linking with graduates: challenges and benefits.
|4. STUDENTS, PROFESSORS AND ASSOCIATED SERVICES|
- Caracterización de ingresantes y estudiantes: experiencias y estudios sobre conducta.
- Caracterización de docentes y plan de formación pedagógica y de especialidad.
- Migración de estudiantes desde/hacia otros programas.
- Tutoría y similares: propuestas y experiencias.
- Asociaciones y actividades de estudiantes.
- Prácticas profesionales y pre-profesionales en relación a los Resultados del Estudiante/Competencias.
|5. EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION:|
- Gender in Engineering Education.
- Social Justice.
- Recruitment and selection.
|Paper submission and Review|
The official language is English, the papers must be presented in PDF and have between 04 to 06 pages following the IEEE format for conferences, available at:
All submitted papers are evaluated in a blind peer review process. The authors’ names and affiliations should not be included in the version for evaluation by the Scientific Committee and must be submitted using the Easychair System by accessing the following URL: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=2022icacitsymposium
|Publication and Indexing|
|All papers in English accepted and registered at ICACIT Symposium 2022 will be published in the conference proceedings and submitted to the IEEE Xplore®. Content loaded into IEEE Xplore® is made available to its abstracting and indexing partners, including Elsevier (Scopus) and others, for potential inclusion in their respective databases.|
|The authors of selected papers will be invited to prepare a substantially revised and extended version to a Special Issue in IEEE-RITA, Latin-American Journal of Learning Technologies.|
|Requirements for Presentation and Publication|
An author or at least one of the co-authors must be previously registered at the event in order to present their work during the symposium sessions.
Authors must submit their final version of their work. Otherwise, they will not be considered for oral presentations and will be excluded from this call.
The presentation of the final version and the oral presentation are mandatory for the publication of your article in the IEEE Xplore Digital Library.
Papers should demonstrate scholarly quality as evaluated on the strength of the methodology used, the quality/depth of the theoretical foundation, and the quality/depth of the analysis and related discussion. In addition, these should maintain a high level of scholarly quality, reflecting on how this work extends/is distinguished from other work attempted in similar areas.
This set of review criteria will be applied for all papers:
• Context: effectiveness of relating this work in demonstrating a strong knowledge of related and prior work.
• Significance: how this submission is important and makes an important contribution to accreditation or engineering education.
• Relevance: how the work advances frontiers in education or accreditation within the context of ICACIT Symposium.
• Scholarly Quality: how the submission demonstrates appropriate rigor and reflective depth when outlining the novel practice at their and other institutions. A high impact paper in this category is one that develops new and intriguing insights in the context of ongoing research, and/or presents preliminary analysis of empirical data.
• Language and Expression: the organization, language and English expression used in the submission is appropriate and facilitate the understanding.
[Download Evaluation Rubrics]
|N°||Grade||Names and Surnames||Institution||Country|
|1||Dr.||Skwarek Volker||Hamburg University of Applied Sciences||Alemania|
|2||Ph.D.||Yves Jeanrenaud||Technical University of Munich||Alemania|
|3||Ph.D.||María Isabel Pozzo||National University of Rosario||Argentina|
|4||Ph.D.||John M. Long||Deakin University||Australia|
|5||Ph.D.||Wim Van Petegem||KU Leuven||Bélgica|
|6||Dr||Francisco Fialho||Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina||Brasil|
|7||Dr||Luiz Ricardo Begosso||Faculdades Integradas Machado de Assis (FEMA)||Brasil|
|8||Dr.||Vicente Ferreira de Lucena Jr.||Federal University of Amazonas||Brasil|
|9||Dr.||Paulo Sergio Lopes de Souza||University of Sao Paulo||Brasil|
|10||Ph.D.||Rodrigo Enrique Cunha Palácios||Universidade Tecnológica Federal do Paraná - Brasil||Brasil|
|11||Ph.D||Joberto S. B. Martins||Salvador University||Brasil|
|12||Dr.||Diana Francisca Adamatti||Universidade Federal do Rio Grande - FURG||Brasil|
|13||Ph.D.||Waldir Sabino da Silva Junior||Federal University of Amazonas||Brasil|
|14||Ph.D.||MohammadNoor Injadat||University of Western Ontario||Canada|
|15||Ph.D.||Anastassis Kozanitis||Universidad de Quebec Montereal||Canadá|
|16||MsC.||Felipe Cristóbal Muñoz La Rivera||Pontificia Universidad Católica de Valparaíso||Chile|
|17||Ph.D.||Mingwen Tong||School of Education Information Technology||China|
|18||MsC.||Sandra Milena Merchán Rubiano||Universidad El Bosque||Colombia|
|19||Ph.D.||Orlando Lopez Cruz||Universidad El Bosque||Colombia|
|20||MsC.||Germán Ernesto Ramos Borda||Universidad Cooperativa de Colombia||Colombia|
|21||Ph.D.||Diego Hernando Flórez Martínez||Corporación Colombiana de Investigación Agropecuaria – Agrosavia||Colombia|
|22||Ph.D.||Irene Priscila Cedillo Orellana||Universidad de Cuenca||Ecuador|
|23||Ph.D.||Joshua C. Nwokeji||Gannon University Institutional Review Board||EE.UU|
|24||Ph.D.||Zhewei Hu||North Carolina State University||EE.UU|
|25||Ph.D.||Nicholas Conklin||Penn State University||EE.UU|
|26||Ph.D.||Michael Isaacson||University of Chicago||EE.UU.|
|27||Ph.D.||Michael Oudshoorn||High Point University||EE.UU.|
|28||Ph.D.||Sarah Zappe||Pennsylvania State University||EE.UU.|
|29||Ph.D.||Ibiba, Dabipi||University of Maryland Eastern Shore||EE.UU.|
|30||Dr.||Lee, Wookwon||Gannon University||EE.UU.|
|31||Ph.D.||Nicholas B. Conklin||Penn State University||EE.UU.|
|32||Ph.D.||Sandra Nite||Texas A&M University||EE.UU.|
|33||Ph.D.||Carlos Eugenio Martínez Cruz||Universidad de El Salvador||El Salvador|
|34||Dr||Luis Manuel Sanchez Ruiz||Universitat Politècnica de València||España|
|35||Ph.D.||Pedro Antonio Martin Cervantes||Universidad de Almería||España|
|36||Ph.D.||Anne-Marie Jolly||Commission des Titres d'Ingénieurs||Francia|
|37||Ph.D.||Anne-Marie Jolly||Commission des Titres d'Ingénieurs||Francia|
|38||Ph.D.||Heiko Fechtner||University of Wuppertal||Germany|
|39||Dr||Divya Nalla||Nalla Malla Reddy Engineering College||India|
|40||Ph.D.||Teófilo Jaime Ramos González||Tecnológico de Monterrey||México|
|41||MsC.||Eduardo Francisco Torres Puente||Tecnológico de Monterrey||México|
|42||Ph.D.||Marcin Fojcik||Western Norway University of Applied Sciences||Noruega|
|43||Ph.D.||Marcin Fojcik||Western Norway University of Applied Sciences, Faculty of Engineering and Science||Noruega|
|44||MsC.||Abdelmalek Halawan||Wajdi University College of Education||Palestina|
|45||MsC.||Abdelmalek Halawani||Wajdi University College of Education||Palestina|
|46||Ph.D.||Carlos A. Mugruza Vassallo||Universidad Nacional Tecnológica de Lima Sur||Perú|
|47||MsC.||Leticia Marisol Laura Ochoa||Universidad Nacional de San Agustín de Arequipa||Perú|
|48||Ph.D.||Sandro Alberto Paz Collado||Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú||Perú|
|49||Ph.D.||Miguel Nuñez del Prado Cortez||Universidad del Pacífico||Perú|
|50||Dr.||Luis Amado Barrera Arrestegui||Independiente||Perú|
|51||Dr.||Ericka Madrid Ruiz||Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú||Perú|
|52||Dr.||Javier Morán Ruiz||Universidad San Ignacio de Loyola||Perú|
|53||Ph.D.||Jose antonio Pow-Sang||Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú||Perú|
|54||Mg.||Jimmy Túllume Salazar||ICACIT||Perú|
|55||Mg.||José Duran Talledo||ICACIT||Perú|
|56||Ph.D.||Anabela Gomes||University of Coimbra||Portugal|
|57||Ph.D.||Isabel Mendes||University of Minho||Portugal|
|58||Ph.D.||Anabela Gomes||Informatics Department of the Superior Engineering Institute of the Coimbra Polytechnic||Portugal|
|59||Ph.D.||Alexander Mikroyannidis||The Open University||Reino Unido|
|60||Ph.D.||John Cowan||Paisley University.||Scotland|
|61||Ph.D.||Peter Hockicko||University of Zilina||Slovakia|
|62||Dr.||John Cowan||Edinburgh Napier University||UK|
|63||Ph.D.||Liu Ming||Khalifa University||United Arabic Emirates|
|TYPE OF REGISTRATION||UNTIL 15TH SEP||UNTIL 15TH OCT||UNTIL 03TH NOV|
|ICACIT System Members(*)(*)||USD 300.00||USD 400.00||USD 500.00|
|IEEE Members||USD 300.00||USD 400.00||USD 500.00|
|Others||USD 400.00||USD 500.00||USD 600.00|
(*) Applies to professionals who work at member institutions of the ICACIT System in 2022.
1. REGISTRATION PAYMENT:
A) Option 01: Wire transfer
Bank: Banco de Crédito del Perú
Account Holder: ICACIT
Account Number: 194-1616149-1-46
Interbank Account Code (CCI):
SWIFT Code: BCPLPEPL
Bank Address: Calle Centenario 156, La Molina, Lima, Perú
Telephone number of the bank: (+51 01) 433 5803 Annex 96257
B) Option 02: Request payment gateway with credit card.
We accept all types of credit cards.
Request access for online payment for registration to the ICACIT 2022 Symposium at email@example.com indicating the following information.
MAIL SUBJECT: Payment request with Credit Card + Name and Surname.
with the following information of the participants.
- Full name and surname.
- No. Identity document / Passport No.:
- Number of participants to register.
- Institution to which it belongs.
2. Send evidence of Payment (Participant):
Send the voucher or evidence of payment to the email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information of the participant (s):
- Full names and surnames.
- ID number.
- Institution to which it belongs.
If you require an Invoice, you must provide the following information: Corporate Name, RUC and Address, to generate the receipt.
3. Confirmation of registration (ICACIT).
ICACIT will contact the person (s) confirming their registration by replying to the payment email.
An author or at least one of the co-authors must be previously registered in the event in order to present their work in the symposium sessions.
Authors must send its final version of their paper. Otherwise, they’ll not be considered for the oral presentations and will be out of this call for papers.
The submission of the final version and the oral presentation are mandatory for publication of your paper in IEEE Xplore Digital Library.
One paper must have a maximum of 04 authors.
A refund is possible if requested until September 30, 2022, an application must be sent to the Conference Chair (Jimmy Túllume Salazar) and sent to the e-mail email@example.com, indicating the reasons, if accepted the Cancellation fee of US $ 50.00 will be deducted from the registration fee paid. There will be no refunds for applications received after this date. If an author has uploaded a paper using their payment, the payment will not be reimbursed, even if the paper is withdrawn.
Substitutions for those registered will be processed until September 30, 2022 (without penalty). All requests for substitutions must be sent by e-mail to the Conference Chair to the e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
For those who require visas for Peru, please request your visa invitation letter by mail email@example.com and make your visa appointment as soon as possible.